Asana for Project Management
bc I like it, that’s why.
Project management system is a way of managing projects from planning to organizing to managing task execution. A great project management system can even handle estimation activities, track hours, and keep up with communication.
There are many CRMs that have a feature for managing tasks, such as Dubsado or Honeybook, but the best CRMs integrate with great project management systems. I use Zapier to connect Dubsado to Asana for advanced integration, but more about that below…
Common project management systems include Asana, Trello, Monday, Basecamp, and more. The strength of any project management is only as good as your system for utilizing it.
As a Certified ScrumMaster®, I love the Agile management within Asana, but it also offers solutions such as: Project Management, Goal Management, Agile Management, Task Management, Increase Productivity, Work Management, Project Planning, To Do Lists.
Table of Contents
How can a project management system improve your SEO productivity?
A well developed project management system can improve your SEO productivity by providing a consistent framework for executing SEO projects, allows for quick and effective communication with stakeholders, file management, and allows for tracking of both goals and time spent.
Being able to do all of those things within one software is a timesaver. Clients love the transparency my Asana SEO project boards offer. They’re able to see each stage of the project as it progresses, what tasks are dependent, and projected completion dates.
Asana vs Trello
Trello is card-based project management software for collaboration. Asana is intended for projects with detailed processes and advanced collaboration.
Favorite Asana Features
One of the most common questions I get about using Asana for SEO is why I don’t use Trello. While Trello is a good project management tool, I prefer Asana for myself and for clients because there are three ways to see tasks: Board, Timeline, Calendar.
Trello presents information on boards, which is great when I’m acting as a ScrumMaster or project manager, but when you’re acting as both the project manager and executing the project, the flexibility of being able to toggle views is very helpful!
In Asana, I find the ability to toggle views to be imperative to the successful use of project management tools for creative clients who have different ways of seeing and understanding their workload.
The second reason I prefer Asana is for it’s automations, or rules. You can conditionally set rules to automate parts of project tasks, for instance, when a task is complete, move from ‘In Progress’ to ‘Completed’.
Asana Template for SEO
This template is setup for Asana Premium with rules and triggers. It will work just fine with a free Asana account, you’ll just need to drag tasks into columns.
If you’d like to see my workflow in action, let me know in the comments. I’m happy to share a video showing what that looks like!
Common Asana questions & answers
- What is Asana used for?
- Asana is used for project management.
- What solutions does Asana cover?
- Project Management
- Goal Management
- Agile Management
- Task Management
- Increase Productivity
- Work Management
- Project Planning
- To Do Lists
- What is the difference between Trello and Asana?
- Both are project management systems. Asana offers a variety of views along side a host of automations.
- Can I use Asana for free?
- Yes, you can use Asana for free. I prefer the paid version because I have rules and automations setup to keep projects updated without my direct input.
How I integrate Asana in my workflow
- Dubsado lead – Zapier fills in a new task on my Sales Pipeline
- Schedule a call
- Dubsado for contract & questionnaires
- Introduce client to Asana, add them as team member and give access to questionnaires, assign them dependent tasks
- Keep up with tasks within Asana day-to-day
- Set up an automated weekly update for each client/project so they can see what’s accomplished, waiting on a decision maker, and next on our to-do list.